Build systems that are native to cloud environments.
To support a rapid pace of change, scaling and simplification to operation of many smaller systems.
- Prefer open and cloud tooling for configuration and deployment
- Considering auto-scaling in the design of applications
- Build tolerant of unique cloud failure conditions
- Requires in-house capability to deploy using cloud native infrastructure
- Teams should continuously review the cloud services they consume for cost effectiveness
Points for discussion
- Are you leveraging the services in the cloud?
- Did you intend it to be in the cloud from the start?